Never toss out containers without asking yourself if there's some other way you can reuse them first. You ain't made of money. And if you are, I want to be your best friend. :o)
For empty two-liter bottles of soft drinks try:
• Cut off the bottoms and use them as cloches for your tender young seedlings if your weather hasn't warmed up enough.
• Cut off the top one-third of the way down and use it as a funnel.
• Cut off the top one-third of the way down--keep the cap on--and use as a scoop for kitty litter, dirt, or fertilizer.
• Store water--especially before severe weather strikes.
• Store detergent. When traveling, you can use a small bottle to store laundry soap. Easy to transport and easy to store.
To use your bottles, wash with very hot water and a drop of bleach. Dry thoroughly before using.
Have you used empty drink bottles for any other use?
Next time: Uses for spice jars and other small containers.