Going Green is nothing more than reducing your carbon footprint. Every time you get in your car, turn on the air conditioning, or spray an aerosol can you are not only consuming resources, you're also depleting the ozone layer that keeps our planet safe.
Here are a five ways to make your mark for humanity.
1. Use roll-on deodorant rather than aerosol. Become greener still by giving up deodorant all together. (The aluminum compounds in some deodorants and antiperspirants are suspected of being toxic.) Mix 1 part baking soda with six parts of cornstarch and use as a dusting powder.
2. Landscape with plants native to your area so it doesn't require superhuman feats to keep them alive.
3. Take shorter showers. If you normally take five minutes showers, speed it up and try for four minute showers.
4. Buy organic foods whenever possible. Buy in season.
5. Hang on to your computer for as long as possible. That new iPad looks great, but is it really giving you more for your money? When it's time to unload your old machine, donate it or ask your electronics store if they can recycle for you.