Tips when clicking on freebies: When you Like "The Frugal Way, Back to Basics" you'll see links for freebies and deals several times a day. In truth, nothing is ever really free. Those companies want your information. Although most of them are legitimate, occasionally you might run across a spammer in disguise. Here are some tips to limit their access.
• Since most companies ask for an email address, create a separate email address strictly for freebies, coupons, and companies you'd rather not hear from all the time.
• Use your better judgement. Occasionally a company will offer a deep discount or freebie in return for a text. I don't text, so I don't opt for those deals.
• Never click a link that looks suspicious. Although I check the link before I post it on the Facebook page, I take the same risks as anyone else. If they ask too many questions, I pass. Do what is comfortable for you and use your "safe" email address that funnels potential spammers to one address only.
• Magazine subscriptions are gold. Although the applications for them generally ask a lot of questions, the payback is excellent.
• Don't assume samples are tiny little packets of product. Sometimes they are, but I've received full-sized samples of some wonderful products. Some even include bonus coupons. You never know until you send for them.
• And finally....deals and freebies are fleeting. It's easy to miss a good offer unless you subscribe to the Facebook page. Most companies offer a limited number of coupons or samples. The higher-dollar it is, the faster they go.
Review Policy: Aside from regular blog topics, Back to Basics also reviews products and services. If you are interested in an honest review of your product or service, contact Maria Zannini at writingweb AT argontech DOT net
Compensation or products will not influence the final assessment. I owe that to my readers. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are entirely my own.
I will do product reviews on garden tools, cooking equipment, some food items, nutrition, wellness products, household appliances, pet supplies, and nonfiction books relating to home repair, pets, and gardening.
Posting Schedule: The Facebook page can update several times a day. It all depends on how many good deals I find that day. The blog will post regularly once a week. Shorter posts may appear on other days.
Subscribe to this blog and never miss a post.
Comments: Comments are always welcomed. Just remember this is a family-friendly blog. No flaming. No cuss words. No bad manners.
Questions: Is there anything I haven't answered? Email me at "writingweb AT argontech DOT net" and I'll include it on this list.